Sunday, September 7, 2008

Yosemite Adventure - November 2007

The week before our big one-year anniversary, we went camping in Yosemite. It was AMAZING!!!! Neither of us had ever been there before, so Wayne took a Friday off work and we left at 4am to beat L.A. traffic. We got there just before noon and set up camp. It was so great because, being November, there were very few other campers there. We didn't have to compete for a campsite or get stuck behind a tour bus full of grannies on the hiking trails. (No offense to any grannies reading our blog...) 

Most of the waterfalls were just a trickle by this time, but it was beautiful to see the rock formations behind the falls and all the autumn colors. I would like to go back in the summer some time, but I LOVED being there in the fall! 


This is the view of Vernal Fall from the Mist Trail. However, the trail was not so misty in November since the falls were drying up. Apparently in the summer you have to wear a full set of rain gear!

This is Wayne at the top of Vernal Fall. 


At the top of Vernal Fall, there was this beautiful lake! 

Hey Wayne, whatcha doin'?


As we were walking back to the campground I thought I saw something in the woods.  I stopped to look harder and couldn't see anything. Wayne thought I was crazy, but I was sure I had seen something! I kept looking and finally I saw it....

A HUGE BUCK!!!  
We watched him for like 20 minutes...it was a really odd feeling to be that close to a huge animal out in the wild, but it was so cool!
The next day we went to Bridal Veil Fall...this is a picture looking out over Yosemite Valley.

And here's a picture of us enjoying ourselves somewhere in the park.

We got rained on the last night, so instead of having a nice leisurely breakfast and hot chocolate around the campfire, we packed up and got on the road toward home.

Next stop: Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias! SOOO pretty! It was rainy and really foggy, which made everything so beautiful. I LOVE this picture of the redwoods in the fog. 

In the parking lot on the way out we saw this famous car and had to take a picture. I wish you could have seen the look on Wayne's face when he first saw it...he was the most excited I've ever seen him!

 We had so much fun on our Yosemite trip and loved getting out of the city for a few days. The air was so FRESH!!! 

Just as a side note, our actual anniversary was on Thanksgiving Day, which we spent at home watching movies and making a big dinner just for the two of us. At one point, we got a little restless so we decided to go to the gym. 24 Hour Fitness, supposed to be open 24 hours a day. Apparently not on Thanksgiving. Who knew? We went for a little jog around the neighborhood instead. It was a wonderful day, except for the two hours we spent watching "Away From Her". Terrible movie to watch on your anniversary. Totally depressing. Other than that, we had a great day to top off a fabulous first year together! 

1 comment:

Holly said...

You guys take such fun trips, I'm jealous. We need to live next to each other so we can go together.