First of all, I just have to say that blogging is WAY faster with the internet in Fairbanks than it is in Barrow. Maybe I would do it more often if we lived here. Probably not though. :)
So we've been in Fairbanks for the last 10 days or so, and it has been wonderful! We have had lots of fun and are really enjoying the warm weather! It's been sunny and above freezing almost the whole time! Here's a few pictures of our trip. Most of our time has been spent hanging out with Mike, Amanda, Kaiya, and Camdon, so that's what all the pictures are!
So we've been in Fairbanks for the last 10 days or so, and it has been wonderful! We have had lots of fun and are really enjoying the warm weather! It's been sunny and above freezing almost the whole time! Here's a few pictures of our trip. Most of our time has been spent hanging out with Mike, Amanda, Kaiya, and Camdon, so that's what all the pictures are!
Chase wrestling with Uncle Mike. He was THRILLED to have some rough and tumble boy time since he's been away from Daddy for almost 2 weeks.
He found a screwdriver on the table and immediately went over to the changing table and started trying to take the screws out. This kid knows his tools...his Daddy is raising him right! Haha...between his dad, his uncles, and his grandpa he will DEFINITELY be a little handy man.
We got to visit Grandma and Grandpa Engebretson as well...Chase came close to tearing their house apart, but they were very patient with him! I think this is a great picture.
Oh, and I love this one too. I couldn't get one of Chase looking at the camera, but he and Grampa were having LOTS of fun playing in the snow together. Chase adores his Grampa....as do I.
Michael built a cool little snow tunnel for Kaiya a while back, so she showed Chase how it works. It took him a little while to realize that he was actually capable of MOVING in his snowsuit, but he figured it out and was pretty proud of himself for crawling through the tunnel!
He got a new swimsuit this trip, and the other night it was really warm in the house so he just wore his swimsuit all evening. Kaiya loves to wear her swimsuit any time, any place, any temperature. Last night she wanted to go outside but did NOT want to put on her clothes, so Michael finally convinced her to put on a coat at least and let her go outside like that. I wish I had a picture of her, it was so cute...she was just wearing her Little Mermaid swimsuit, a coat and hat, and a pair of boots. (I'm seeing a lot of Jaime in Miss Kaiya!!) She walked all over the place and all was well until she tried to crawl through the snow tunnel...then she realized that it was pretty cold in the snow without her snowsuit, so she asked her Daddy to take her inside to put on her snowsuit. So cute. I guess some things we just have to learn by experience. :)
Eating apples on the kitchen floor. Not OFF the kitchen floor, ON the kitchen floor. Just wanted to clarify.
Kaiya has a little train conductor hat that Chase wore around one morning. Pretty cute stuff.
Well, that's it for tonight. Hope you enjoyed the pictures! I realized while posting that I don't have any pictures of Camdon or Amanda, so we'll have to remedy that tomorrow before we head home to Barrow. :)
Well, that's it for tonight. Hope you enjoyed the pictures! I realized while posting that I don't have any pictures of Camdon or Amanda, so we'll have to remedy that tomorrow before we head home to Barrow. :)
3 comments:
I love it! Chase is such a ham for the camera. I'm glad you guys have had fun in Fairbanks. :)
I love everything about this post, the swimsuits, the tools, the fact that you've gotten to have such a fun trip in Fairbanks, the super cute grandparent pictures, everything. Thanks so much for posting, we need more pictures of Chase on a regular basis.
Belly picture?
Love, love, love the post! There's a story about Chase's Grampa with his screwdriver and the post that was in their old house...That's how they got the beautiful diamond willow post :D You'll have to have G-Grama Elbert tell you the story this summer. And yes, there is quite a bit of Aunt Jaime in little Miss Kaiya!
Post a Comment