We finally arrived in Calgary just in time for a joint birthday party for Wayne's dad, Curt, and our nephew, Dylan. Well, to be honest, they had been holding the party for at least a week until we arrived. Thanks for waiting for us!

For the big party, we went bowling and had pizza and all kinds of fun stuff. This is the Henrie clan, including a good high school friend and her three kids, as well as Steve's lovely girlfriend, Cindy. I hadn't been bowling in a long time...it was so much fun! I can't remember who won, but I'm pretty sure I beat Wayne. :)
I thought this was a cute picture of the boys (Steve and Wayne) carrying the kids up the stairs. They're going to be such good daddies some day. :)
Papa Curt showing off his new welding gloves. Happy Birthday, Dad!

Ok, this was so much fun. Steve's girlfriend, Cindy, grew up on a ranch in southern Alberta. We all went down to spend a weekend with them and had a blast! We went "quadding" and got stuck a few times, but we had fun doing it! We also had a nice campfire and hot dog roast...it was wonderful. Thanks again, Cindy and family!

This is Wayne making a HUGE mess. This picture was taken on the way home, so we had already been through this puddle once. The first time, we were both on the quad and got stuck halfway through, so I eventually got off and walked to the other side. Well, I'm no fool, so the second time as we're pulling up to the puddle again, I jumped off the quad and started walking. Wayne said, "No, it's fine! You don't have to walk, we won't get stuck this time." Mm-hmm. I didn't believe him, hence the picture of Wayne getting stuck by himself this time and me laughing from the trail with the camera. He was completely COVERED in mud. (Note the lack of mud flaps on the rear tires...) I wish I had a video clip of it!
Wayne's "Victory over the Puddle" shot.
And here's the two of us at the end of the ride. So fun! 
Michelle helping me get cleaned up...what a great sister! :)

Wayne and Dylan playing in the cow fields, Chief Mountain in the background!

Steve and Cindy...so cute together. :)

Okay, I love horses and I want one someday. Wayne promised me when we were dating that someday he would buy me a horse. I'm obviously still waiting for it, but in all honesty Barrow isn't the best place to get one. :) But the Webster's have one, so we got to ride him while we were visiting! This is me and Blaze...he is seriously one of the most muscular, beautiful horses I have ever seen.

And here's Wayne and Blaze, just before Wayne picked me up and we rode off into the sunset together to live happily ever after. Aaahhh. :)
1 comment:
I love the Henrie family! Can't wait to see them this summer:)
Post a Comment