Sunday, September 19, 2010

Okay, Barrow in September.

My mom keeps reminding me to update the blog. "It's not July, and you're not in Arizona anymore!" she says. She's the only one who keeps after me to update this thing every few months...I think everyone else has just given up. I certainly don't blame them.

Well, as the title implies, we are back in Barrow and it is September. We don't have snow yet, but I'm sure it's not too far away. (I don't know why, but I am always inclined to give a weather update when I mention Barrow...so boring, I know.) Wayne is still teaching at Ilisagvik College, he is the Office Technology instructor. He's also taking a class this semester, building the ATV tour business with his partner, helping me with the Bed and Breakfast, fixing all our broken stuff (cars, 4-wheelers, doors, etc.), and has become quite the proficient first-time homeowner. Now we know what all those people were talking about. It can be a lot of work (for Wayne), but we are so grateful to have a home and jobs and food on the table. We have been really blessed this year.

I am home with Chase full time now, which I absolutely love. We went to the Public Health center to get his shots the other day, and I was just so grateful that I don't have to go there everyday anymore! I LOVE being a full time mom! I am doing a little bit of side work here and there, but nothing permanent and no set hours, so I am very happy about that. I am also taking an accounting class at the college and enjoying learning some new skills that I can put to use for our B&B.

Chase is finally walking! He has taken his time about it, but he's finally there! He's been taking a few steps here and there for about a month, but this week he's really decided to go for it. He tries to walk just about everywhere now, and it keeps surprising me when I go in the bedroom and I look up to see him standing in the doorway because he's walked his little self over to me! I love it, it's so cute. He's a very busy boy these days, he loves to empty drawers and rearrange the bookshelves and climb on things and all those normal pre-toddler activities. He is pure sunshine and we absolutely adore him. Here's a few pictures of our summer.


Chase and Wayne's cousin's son, Ashton. We stayed with them in San Diego and had a great time catching up!


Relaxing in our luxurious hotel room after a hard day of riding in the car while Dad biked across the country.


A little mohawk at the swimming pool.


Exploring the hotel room...in his swimsuit.


Grandma and Grandpa and Chase at the park in Fairbanks.


Me and my brother at the park. I love him so very much. :)



First haircut! He was 14 months old before he even (sort-of) needed one! He's definitely an Engebretson! :)

Life on the road can be exhausting. Chase just covered his head with his blanket and gave up. He was so cute, I love this picture.

We visited Wayne's great-aunt in California as well. It was great to see her again, it had been over 2 years!

Okay, Mom, is that enough? You just live down the street, so just come visit if you want to see more of the little man! :) I'll try and post some more later, but it's getting late (9:30pm...whew...I am getting old) and I need to go to bed. Oh, darn, I have to do the dishes first. I hate waking up to a dirty kitchen. At least there's not too many....this time. Goodnight!

7 comments:

Jaime said...

For those of us who don't live just down the street - thank you for posting! :) You should record him walking and post that next, so I can watch him. :) He sure is cute - must be because he comes from such good-looking parents. :)

Katie said...

ditto to what Jaime siad.

gramakelly said...

Doesn't matter if I live down the street or not ~ even when we were together in Fairbanks this summer I still check the blogs EVERY night before I go to bed, and I like to see something different now and then :D And I love to see and hear your take on things or descriptions of the events. Thanks for the update and thanks for posting!

Holly said...

I love the picture of him sleeping in his carseat, so cute! I'm so excited he's walking, GO CHASE! And ditto to what everyone else said, thanks for posting, we love to see and hear updates from the fabulous Henrie family. Miss you guys like crazy!

Holly said...

Oh, I forgot to mention the mohawk picture, haha, that's awesome:) And that's a really cute picture of you and Bubba. And I like the weather reports, keep 'em coming. Love ya!

Kandace Welch said...

should have waited to post 3 days, then you could say it's snowing! Love the pictures! And I think Holly likes the weather updates so she can be grateful she's no longer here. :)

*~Kate~* said...

Your family is beautiful!