We borrowed Monster's Inc. from Mom and Dad, so Chase and I have watched it a few times the last couple of weeks. He has never showed any signs of being afraid because of it, and he usually only watches for a few minutes at a time before going back to his toys for a while, then he'll watch a few more minutes, then play again. He's not one to sit glued to the TV for very long (thankfully!)
Anyway, tonight I put it on for him while I made dinner (I know, I made dinner!!!) and he was doing his normal watch/play/watch/play thing. When it got to the part where Sully has to say goodbye to Boo, Chase was riveted on the screen. When Sully gave Boo the final hug, Chase turned around and looked at Wayne and I with super-teary eyes and the saddest little face and said, "Monster". We were so confused, because he wasn't scared at all and we couldn't figure out why he was upset. We were asking each other, "Seriously? Is he sad that they have to say goodbye?!?!" I really think he was! There was no other explanation for it...it was the cutest thing! I wish I had a picture of his sad little face and teary eyes, but it was so unexpected the camera was nowhere near. I just love this little guy. He's full of surprises and he melts my heart a million times a day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Awwww!!! I love that part - it always makes me teary-eyed too. What a cute little guy!
Chase, you couldn't be more perfect! Love him.
He's definitely related to his Grampa Elbert... What is he going to do when you have TV and he sees a Hallmark commercial?!?!? I love strong, good looking, sensitive men ~ like his Grampa Elbert! ;D
Kaiya (Boo) Just got it from her dad for bday. I didn't remember how sad it was til it was on the other night. Amazing what these little 2 year olds are really paying attention to. He's such a cutie!!
Post a Comment