Wow, I don't know how the time goes so quickly between my blog posts. I guess it's time for an update...although this is going to be short because it's 11pm and I'm trying to go to bed earlier these days. The last 3 days, to be exact. It worked 2 of the 3 days! I'm taking a couple class at the college that are actually quite time consuming, and it seems that 9pm-12am are PRIME homework hours around here. Not ideal, but when else are you supposed to concentrate on a book with an almost-2-year-old running around? Speaking of that almost-2-year-old (well, 20 months to be exact), I just happen to have a few photos to share. I'm under no illusions that people check this blog to hear about ME. :)
Chase loves "skitchers"...we gave him his own Book of Mormon and this is what he does! I know, where did he come from?!?!
We ordered some cardboard can organizers in early December and they finally came in a few weeks ago! Chase and I spent the better part of 2 days putting them together and loading them up. Chase was quite the helper. We have random V8 juice cans spread through all 20 can organizers! He just kept grabbing cans and saying, "helper, helper". Oh, I do love him. :)
He may appear sad and bored in this picture, but don't be deceived. Coloring is his new favorite pastime. Well, it's probably still second to playing with cars. He comes up to me about 50 times a day with puppy-dog eyes and the cutest little voice saying, "Color, color". Coloring is a 100% supervised activity at our house, so I can't always accommodate his requests, but I try. We spend a good portion of every day coloring. And just to clarify, what he really wants when he asks to color is to hold a crayon and see what YOU can color. He certainly does his share of scribbling, but if I stop coloring for a few seconds, he immediately shoves a crayon my direction and says, "Color, color!" I really am not very creative in this department, but my artistic talents are expanding thanks to my Chase-man.
Another one of Chase's favorite things to do is push the little blue stool around to whatever he wants to climb on. He's figured out how to climb up onto his chair and somehow squirms himself around in a really awkward way (but without falling!) to sit facing forward. I don't know how he does it without crashing on his head every time, but he's got a system. I think this picture is a Cheerio hand-off. You can also clearly see my kitchen...the whole thing. We're a little short on counter space (well, we're a little short on ALL space) but it works!
Chase got a parking garage play set for Christmas from G&G Elbert, and he LOVES it. This was the night Wayne put it together for him, and Chase was in car heaven. He lets the car down the ramp and says, "Whoa, car!" Boys...how do they know they are supposed to like cars?!?!
Okay, that's it for tonight. I've got more pictures to share, but it's now 11:23pm and I'm definitely not getting credit for going to bed early tonight. However, I WILL get credit for blogging finally, and that's worth staying up late for...every two months or so. I'm tired of all the complaints I keep getting! But I'm glad you all love my child. We love him too. :)
4 comments:
LOVE! I read your blog to hear about all of you... but seeing pictures of Chase is certainly the highlight. :)
That kiddo of yours is pure perfection, I just can't get enough! The picture of him reading his BoM is so precious, I almost started crying...I know I'm a sap. And I too read your blog to hear about all of you; way to go on going to bed early and blogging, high five!
We really do need to live closer, coloring and cars are some of the boys' favorite things as well, the three of them would have a BLAST!
Let's get this settled right now ~ I read your blog to hear in your words what is going on with all of you. Pictures and stories about Chase are a bonus. There. Got it? OK now moving on. Nice post. I'm so glad he loves his car garage thing. I still need to come over and play with him and it. I can just picture trying to grab a can of peaches quietly in the dark so as not to wake Chase, you think you have one... you sneak back into the kitchen to see it's really a V8 juice can!!! :D Seriously, I am really glad you posted. I live here in town with you and I still check your blog every night, just like I do the other kids'. Love you.
Nope, I'm only here for the Chaser! I JOKES!!! :o) I like those pantry things. What a great idea- I gotta think of something like that and make millions! I love him with his skitchers!! Very cute!
Post a Comment