Thursday, August 18, 2011

A little of this, a little of that.


When we were in Calgary Michelle let us visit her at work (she's a paramedic). Chase got a personalized tour of the firetruck, complete with pushing the buttons to turn on the siren and flash the lights and everything! He also got to check out the ambulance and the fire hall. Talk about HEAVEN for a 2 year old boy!

I love how Chase is looking at Saryn in this picture!


Grampa made a name badge for Chase. Chase probably spent an hour playing with it and sticking it on and off his forehead. Where are Grampa's great ideas when I'm trying to exercise or get the dishes done?!?!?!

Wayne took me out for dinner at the Calgary Tower on my birthday. Not the best picture, but our waiter wasn't very patient with taking pictures. It was really cool, the restaurant overlooks the city and it rotates slowly while you eat so you can see everything while you're there. It makes one rotation every 45 minutes. Pretty cool!

Taylor and Sar-Bear. Love them!


Grama Elbert participated in her first EVER Senior Games earlier this week.
Her first event was bocce ball, which she had never played before. She looked up the directions and studied them prior to the game, then went and totally rocked it. She won the GOLD!!! Woo-hoo! Go Grama! She made the newspaper as well. :)


Chase had his first McDonald's Playplace experience the other day. We never take him there because nursing school RUINED me and the thought of all the nasty germs in there totally grosses me out. But, I finally relented the other day and we went to play there with cousins. What happened exactly 48 hours later? Chase had a 101.5 degree temperature. Go figure. We probably won't ever go back. Sorry, Saryn, you'll never get to experience the joy of the Playplace. It's just not worth it.


Who needs the Playplace to have a happy childhood? Look at that smile! :)


Holly and her kiddos watching Grama at the bocce ball games. They were the best little cheerleaders!


And here's the Chaser-Man watching Grama play. The sponsors of the Senior Games provided Chex mix to the participants, and one of the gramas there took a liking to Chase and donated her Chex mix to him. He's a hit wherever he goes!

5 comments:

gramakelly said...

I want a tour like Chase got next time we go visit the Henries! That sounds awesome! Love the sticker on the forehead. Saryn's smile is too cute. And Grama is amazing! So glad you all went to cheer her on!

annie said...

Oh man! What cuties!!

Todd and Elaine Henke said...

Such a cute family!!! I love the picture where Chase is looking at Saryn! SO precious! Well anyways...you should come to Barrow.

Jaime said...

I'm sure Chase won't know what he's missing if you don't take him to a playplace ever again... I hope that doesn't mean you won't let him eat cheeseburgers, though. :)

MATINA said...


I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.