Thursday, August 18, 2011

Harvest Time!!!

Wayne planted our first garden this year. When we lived in California, we grew a few things on the balcony of our apartment, but this is our first REAL garden. Turns out it's a lot of work...no problem for me since Wayne did it all. And it turned out GREAT!!! Unfortunately for Wayne, he had to go back to work in Barrow before it was time to harvest. He did all the work, and now the kids and I are enjoying the fruit of his labors. Thanks, Honey!


This is less than half of the garden. It was pretty big for a first attempt!


Cheesy face. It never gets old. :)


Chase and his cousins were so excited to hold the vegetables! They recognized what each vegetable was and were practically dancing in their pants waiting for me to cut them off the plant and hand them over to their eager little hands. So cute! We had a FABULOUS dinner that night with all our fresh veggies.

"We love our VEGGIES!!!!"
I will remind them of this when they are teenage boys living on pizza and Cheetos.

4 comments:

gramakelly said...

Awesome post! Love all the photos. Those veggies are HUGE! Way to go Wayne :D Glad you are getting to enjoy them.

annie said...

WOW! And you were gone for like a month... who watered and took care of the garden when you were gone?! That's awesome. What a great harvest for your first year.... maybe when I grow up I'll have one too. Good job Wayne.

Daisy said...

Wow! Amazing. We tried our first attempt this year and tried the square-foot gardening thing. So, are you not living in Barrow anymore?

Jaime said...

Love the pics! You're right, the cheesy face never gets old. :) I'm glad to hear the boys love their vegetables... I seem to recall trying to bribe you to eat them because they were your favorite color, and it didn't work. :)