Sunday, October 9, 2011

Final Days in Fairbanks

Oh, goodness. We've had a busy month. A REALLY busy month. We made it home to Barrow on September 12, and we've spent the last several weeks trying to get organized in our new home! It's been really wonderful living right next door to Grama and Grampa Elbert. Chase says "I'm going to go knock knock"...that means he's going to play at Grama and Grampa's house. :)

So, here's a little recap of some of our last days in Fairbanks. These are probably not in chronological order.


Wayne grew strawberries in pots on the deck this summer, so Chase and Grama Elbert spent some time picking them together. They were soooooo good!


I got the kids' Halloween costumes from Once Upon a Child...they had this giraffe costume that was pretty cute, but it ended up being to small so I just took a picture and returned it. Love that little face!


Saryn-Bear is getting CHUBBED OUT!!!


Chase wanted to nap in the laundry basket. Okay, whatever you want, Chase. This only lasted a few minutes.


I borrowed Mike and Amanda's super-sweet jogging stroller/bike trailer and totally fell in love. This thing is awesome. I'm hoping to get one in the next few months. Yes, even in Barrow. :) There is a ski attachment so you can put the trailer on skis and wear a harness to ski or walk around with them. The kicker is that it has a wind cover on it, so I would actually be able to take the kiddos out in this lovely Barrow weather!!! As it stands, it's a mad dash to the car so that Saryn will take a breath again. The wind here just makes it impossible for babies to breathe! You can dress babies for the cold...you just can't keep them out of the wind and keep them breathing at the same time. I'm hoping this stroller is the answer...for me at least.


Spencer and Holly got an indoor bouncy house for their kiddos, and Chase happened to be there for the debut! The kids loved wrestling with the stuffed animals in the bouncy house.

They were all good helpers deflating it, too. :)


"Hi. I'm cute."


"Hi. I'm a mad scientist."


Oh man. Chase LOVES to "play water". I set him up at the counter with a towel, a few bowls, and measuring spoons and cups and he is busy for 45 minutes at a time! This is THE BEST activity we've found for him when I need to make dinner or do something else that takes my full attention. So glad we discovered this love of his.

More to come.

5 comments:

gramakelly said...

YAY a post!!! Great pictures and a wonderful recap of the last few days in Fairbanks. Thanks for the update!

Holly said...

Haha, the mad scientist is awesome! We too have been playing water very regularly around here, great game. I really hope you get to get your stroller, that thing is pretty amazing...as are you. Keep the pictures coming, I need to see more of Saryn's chubbs. :)

Oh, and I love that Chase gets to go knock, knock and play with G&G, that's super cute. Someday we'll get to be neighbors so he can come knock, knock on my door and play with me!

Jaime said...

I love the mad scientist photo! I wish I could go knock-knock... enjoy it! :)

Katie said...

Saryn is getting so big! I love the chub. =)


Chase is so handsome.

And, I want a bouncehouse! How fun!

I love all the pictures.

MATINA said...


I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.