We got back to camp hungry and ready for dinner, only to realize that I had failed to pack the little pot for our camping burner. Oops. Luckily, I married a Boy Scout. He just opened the can of soup and put it right on the burner to warm. (We re-used that can for a few days to boil water for cocoa and the MRE's, but I started to notice a funny, metalic taste to everything. So then I started worrying that maybe we could get cancer or something from cooking the living daylights out of our tin can, so we made it a priority to buy a pot in the next town we reached.)
The next morning we got up and did a few small hikes, nothing too serious. It was pretty HOT for my liking, and I get really grumpy when I'm hot. But the views were beautiful and totally worth it.


I love this shot! The sunlight shining through the water looks so cool.

After lunch we rode decided to hike the Narrows to cool off...it was incredible! Normally, if you are hiking along a path and it ends because the canyon walls get to steep and all that lies in front of you is a river, YOU STOP!!! But not here. Everyone just takes off their shoes and keeps going! You can go for HOURS and HOURS hiking through the water until you reach the narrowest part of the Narrows and can't go any further. We started too late in the day to make it that far, but we hiked for a good 4 hours or so. It was a lot of fun, but we were TIRED when we got back to camp!
I got tired sooner than Wayne did, so I stopped in this little chair-rock and took a break while Wayne kept hiking. It was pretty comfy for a rock!
Wayne up to his belly button in the water. He did fall in once, but I didn't get a picture of it!! It was during my rock break. :(
The next morning we packed up our stuff and got a few last pictures on the way out of Zion.



1 comment:
Those pictures are incredible, I want to go there, but preferably when it's not so hot.
Well, I've read everything AND commented so you need to post more. Soon please!
Love you!
Post a Comment