We left Boise and drove to Rexburg, Idaho, where Wayne and I went to college. It was fun to be back at BYU-Idaho, we got to see the new temple and walk around campus to see the changes. We both felt a little out of place though...that's right, we were wearing flip-flops. We were totally unprepared. :) We had some good times back in our Rexburg days, and I will always treasure that place and all the memories we made, both together and individually before we met. We got to see a few friends and eat at my two favorite places, Bajios and Craigos. We were sooo full that night because we only had a few hours in Rexburg, so we ate two huge meals WAY too close together! Uff-da. It was worth it though. :)
Then, we were off to Yellowstone National Park!

This picture doesn't really need a description, I guess.
I think that sign said something like,
"Danger: Don't stand on the rock in the middle of this lake."

We actually found a lot of humorous signs on our journey. Like this one. Don't let your kid stand on a geyser.

Me and Old Faithful just before it erupted...or whatever geysers do.

Wayne looking good as usual. :)

This was the first animal we saw in Yellowstone. We were so excited because the buffalo was RIGHT ON THE ROAD!!! It was so cool! Until we kept driving around that day and realized there are ALWAYS buffalo right on the road in Yellowstone. It's not that big a deal. Then we just laughed at all the people who jammed up traffic because they stopped to take pictures of a buffalo like they might never see one again. Haha. Suckers. :)
Us in front of a waterfall. I can't remember what it was called...this was 5 months ago.
This was such a pretty spot. We drove by and saw a small crowd gathered looking through these fancy scope things. We got out with our puny little binoculars and could barely make out something moving at the top of the ridge. There were 4 bears up there! Of course, we couldn't tell that looking through our binoculars, but that's what everyone else said they were looking at. Thankfully, a nice elderly couple let us look through their scope for a minute. Guess what we saw? Two bears MATING!!! Of all the things to catch a bear doing...they must have been so embarrassed.
This is Wayne trying to get to the bathroom, but the elk had it surrounded.
Our campground was overflowing with elk almost every night we were there! It was really cool. I was sitting in my camping chair reading a book, and I looked up and there was an elk about 20 feet from me! She was slowly grazing her way through the campground, and she just stopped and held my gaze for like 15 seconds! It was really cool...I know they are typically not dangerous, but it was still an eerie feeling being out in the open so close to a giant animal! 
This is me and a really cool colored little waterfall. If only I knew what these things were called...my geology teacher would be so proud.
I was pretty convinced there was a fire-breathing dragon in this cave. You think the buffalo are scary?!? Where is the warning sign for this bad boy? Whew...we barely made it out alive.



1 comment:
Barely made it out of there alive because the smell is so bad! I miss Rexburg! And Bajios! And Craigos! And being a student at BYU-I! And everything about that wonderful little piece of heaven! I had a lot more to say about this post, your witty comments always make me have witty responses, but then I start typing and I forget them.
Post a Comment