Everyone keeps asking to see the "puppy" again...well, here she is.
This is Cheiko mid-July (about 3 months old)
I find this humorous...our living room floor is strewn with dog toys. Not baby toys, dog toys. And this is a cleaner day than most. This puppy has more toys than any dog I know. We keep them all in a box next to her kennel...when she wants one she goes and pulls one out. And then another one, and another one, and another one. I guess she gets bored easily. Such a high maintenance dog. :)
While we're getting moved in, we have Chase's crib and mattress and a bunch of stuff stacked up behind the couch. Cheiko has decided it's the perfect little hideout for her. I find her back here all the time chewing on things she's not supposed to chew on. Like Chase's pacifiers. Crazy dog.
Unlike Chase, Cheiko tends to pose quite nicely for the camera. Now if only she could get housebreaking down... :)
Such a cute face!
And she certainly doesn't look like a puppy anymore! This is mid-August. It's crazy how much she has grown this last month!
How can you say no to that face?!? It's hard, but I do it all the time. :)
She likes to sleep with her head pushed up against something. Her cousin Jacob does the same thing...maybe it's genetic. :)
Cheiko's "Superman" pose. She's like 4+ feet long when she does this. Doesn't look that comfortable to me, but she seems quite content!
Cheiko doens't like her kennel. She actually really hates it. When we say, "Cheiko, kennel" she gets up and runs away. We then begin a 10 minute game of "catch me if you can" with the dog. Eventually we get ahold of her collar and pull her into the kennel. Sometimes we just do it like this.
She's giving me that "don't you dare touch my bone" look.
One of Wayne's coworkers brought Cheiko a fresh caribou hip to chew on. She LOVED it! She spent 3 hours one evening chewing this bone, and she seriously growled and barked at Wayne every time he even walked by! She was extremely possessive of this one. When we brought her in she whined by the door for close to an hour, which can be quite confusing when you're working on housebreaking. We took her out a few times to go to the bathroom, but she just wanted her bone. She was totally working the system. Darn dog.
2 comments:
I'm so proud of you for posting again so soon, keep it up! Cheiko is gorgeous and I love her! I love how much personality she has, so happy she's part of the family:)
She's so big! Thanks for posting - it's fun to watch both of your "babies" grow. :)
Post a Comment