Monday, August 24, 2009

Confessions of a Melted Heart...


I LOVE MY BABY!!!  

Seriously. I guess every parent in the world feels the same way about THEIR children, but it's hard to believe. I mean I REALLY love him. Is it really possible that every other mother feels exactly like I do? Like you can't stop kissing your baby because you don't know how else to express the love you feel? Like you're almost crazy enough to wake him up in the middle of a nap because you can't wait to see him smile again? Like you say "Love you, baby" two million times a day because that's all you can think about when you look at him? Like you hate putting him to bed at night because you don't want to wait eight hours to hold him again? Like you desperately hope that your little one can feel the overwhelming love you have for him because as hard as you try you just can't seem to share it adequately? Like there's so much love in your heart you don't know what to do with it all? 

Melting...

I can't stop kissing Chase. I'm sure he wishes I would, but I just can't! And I can't stop saying, "Love you, baby." The poor kid is probably wondering if I know any other words. I haven't actually woken him from a nap, but I've been tempted. And it takes me at least ten minutes to say goodnight because I can't pull myself away from his crib. It is absolutely incredible how much love I have for this little boy. I seriously don't know what to do with it all. 
I need an outlet. :)

Melting...

Every veteran parent tries to tell every new parent-to-be about the radical change your heart will go through, and it's not that you don't believe them, you just simply can't feel it until you feel it. Well now I know what they mean. No one ever explained it right, and probably no one ever will. It can't be explained, there really are no words. It's exhilarating yet terrifying--exhilarating to love so completely, yet terrifying to realize how fragile your heart has become. Hearts that feel joy this deep feel pain just as deeply. 

MELTED.

What a wonderful gift God has given us to be parents. I love being a mom. I wish it on everyone. To think that he trusts us with these precious little spirits. Every day I thank the Lord for sending this sweet little boy to us, and every night I pray for another day together. 
And yes, the possibility of feeling pain equal to my joy is truly terrifying...

...yet so worth it. 

8 comments:

Julia Harps said...

amen! I still kiss my 11 year old. My kids are my favorite things in life and it just gets better and better. And I am guilty of waking a few up during a nap just because I couldn't resist holding and kissing on them. he he. great post. Little Chase is a cutie. I can see why your so smitten.

Kyra said...

beautifully written. he is a beautilful baby and motherhood is the best.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful sentiment! Spoken purely with love! Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Love Bonnie

Holly said...

Love this post! Thanks for sharing and I agree completely. I love that little Chase with his big, delicious cheeks, please give him a big hug and kiss from me and from Jacob: although Jacob's would probably be in the form of a nice love tap and eye poke:) I'm so glad we get to be sharing the "new mother" experience together, you help me be a much better mom!

Daisy said...

Jenna, you should be an author. You put what I have felt for 3+ years so beautifully. Isn’t it wonderful! And, yes, terrifying. Wait ‘til he grows a little more. Thanks for writing what you did. I am so glad you are enjoying motherhood and putting what so many of us feel into words. Love you!

Jaime said...

I love the pictures you posted! And I'm glad to hear that you love motherhood, and your baby, so much. :)

annie said...

Amen! All day today I just kept thinking about how lucky he was to have such a wonderful mom! (and dad)

Hannah said...

Amen. It's been said already. But it's true. You've written how I feel, too. There's nothing else like it.