It's true. I slept on the couch last night. Hard to believe, I know. You may find yourself asking, "But Jenna, WHY? You and Wayne have such a perfect marriage!" To which I would reply, "Why, yes we do." (Haha.) Well, it's simple really.
The dog was lonely.
Normally when we put Cheiko in her kennel, she curls up and goes to sleep. No big deal. Well, a few nights ago she whined ALL NIGHT LONG. Wayne took her out to do her business at least 4 times during the night, but she had no business to do! Lucky for me, I gave Wayne permission to get a dog with a set of Terms and Conditions attached, one of which was that he would be responsible for her in times like these. So, even though I heard her whining all night, I ignored it and tried to keep sleeping while Wayne got up to take care of her. (Hmm...sounds like the reverse of the early baby days!) Well, the result was an exhausted husband who is already working way too many hours and doing way too many things.
Unfortunately, last night when we put Cheiko in her kennel, the same thing happened. She whined for a few minutes, we scolded her, she quieted for a few minutes, then she whined again. And yelped. And barked. What on earth could be wrong with that silly dog? She had already done all the business any dog can do, she had eaten, had plenty of water, a soft blanket...what more could she want?
WAIT!!! It's finally dark out at night, and we've started closing the blinds in the evening so we aren't the entertainment for all the passers-by. THAT'S IT!!! Cheiko must be scared of the dark! So, I opened the blinds to let in the street lights, and even went so far as to turn on the office light and leave the door open. I crawled back in bed and closed my eyes...only to open them seconds later as Cheiko began whining again. And yelping. And barking. Meanwhile, the baby is beginning to stir in the next room and my dear husband is threatening to shoot the poor dog. HIS poor dog, I might add.
I decided to go sit on the couch for a few minutes so that I could scold her repeatedly...she would get the message eventually, I was sure. Well shortly after I sat down Cheiko finally curled up in her kennel. I waited a few minutes, and hearing no more whining, I got up to go to bed. No sooner had I crawled into bed, the whining began again. Seriously? SERIOUSLY???
Yes, seriously. The dog was just lonely.
So yes, Grandma, in answer to your question, Cheiko is well integrated as a member of the family. I slept on the couch just to keep her company. :)
6 comments:
Now that's dedication. I'm afraid I would have been with Wayne on that one!
Yea!!! I am so glad that you found us. How the heck have you been? I didn't even know you married Wayne, let alone have a baby boy. Yikes. Well I did a little reading on your blog, and you look really happy. Congratulations. If its alright with you, I would like to link your blog to ours. let me know.
AWWW!!! I'm so impressed. :)
Hilarious!! Maybe you should just give her one of your shirts with your scent on it... or a ticking clock to sound like your heartbeat! :o) You're such a great "dog mom."
Spencer said, "Hmm, good story but I would have shot it." (he was just kidding)
You win Mom of the Year Award! Good job:)
I figured it was the dark thing too because Kennedy has had a hard time with it being dark at night now too. But she's a person and doesn't have to sleep all alone in a kennel either. :)
Post a Comment