Saturday, September 19, 2009

Wayne is a Plumber...

So last night we had the pleasure of watching Bret and Brenna while Annie was home winning "Mom of the Year" award for Morgen's killer birthday party. We sat down at the table for dinner, and a funny conversation ensued:

Bret: What's that? (pointing to the breast pump at the end of the table)
Wayne: It's a pump.
Bret: To pump water? 
Wayne: Umm, yeah, kind of.
Bret: Oh, so you're a plumber too, huh?

SO FUNNY! Anyone who knows Bret can just HEAR the matter of fact way he said this. Love that kid. It totally made my day. I was laughing to myself on and off all evening. I had a hard time brushing my teeth because I was laughing about it again. And then I kept giggling as we were laying in bed trying to fall asleep. I'm sure Wayne loved that. 

Oh, Bret, I wish we had a daughter for you to marry. :)

6 comments:

momhirt said...

HILARIOUS!! Your description was perfect. I'll be giggling all night also!

annie said...

If Wayne starts letting his pants ride too low in the back I guess we'll know why! :o) HA! I love my Bretster!! He's one of a kind for sure! That story MADE MY DAY! :o)

Jaime said...

I can just picture Wayne's face when Bret said that... priceless!!! :)

Holly said...

Oh, Bret, I just love you! Thanks for sharing, I've been laughing to myself all day.

Kandace Welch said...

Travis wants Bret to marry our daughter! In fact he's told her and she actually told my parents that she's going to marry Bret. It's not high on her priority list though because she's only brought it up once. :)

Katie said...

Oh my...that is awesome. It reminds me of the time Dominic told Sean that I must have got a nosebleed when he arrived at the hospital after having Penny because he saw a spot of blood on the floor. Some things you just chuckle and let them have it...yep...it was a nosebleed (or a water pump).

Love it! Bret is hilarious...and I laughed at the thought of you lauging about it ALL EVENING.