Monday, September 21, 2009

Ok, Wayne is NOT a plumber...

Contrary to the previous post, we have discovered this past weekend that Wayne is NOT a plumber. The man has a plethora  of skills and talents, but fixing leaky pipes and sinks is not one of them. (He told me I could post this story because he thinks it's funny too...) 

Unfortunately for us, we have had about 5 different plumbing issues come up lately. First the heat in the downstairs apartment didn't work, then Wayne band-aid fixed it so it would be warm at least, but we can't control the heat so it's TOO warm. Then the tenants water pressure dropped in the kitchen sink. Then the baseboard pipes started leaking in the other apartment. 

We are trying to save money wherever we can, so Wayne was going to take a part from our kitchen sink to fix the tenant's sink, and I was going to live with low water pressure for a little while. In attempting to trade parts around, matters just got worse. He couldn't fix the tenant's sink, and I now have a leaky kitchen sink. It's looking like we'll need to buy two new faucets. :(  

He started working on the leaky pipe on Saturday as well...thankfully President Howlett stepped in to give him a hand before anything went wrong. As for the heating issue, we've decided it would be best to call Barrow Mechanical. So  much for saving money...

Wayne said, "I think my time would be better spent hanging pictures or something." I agreed. 

BUT, despite it all, we are still glad we bought this house, and I'm still glad I married Wayne.  :)

4 comments:

Jodi & Justin said...

To bad my dad doesn't still run barrow mechanical, huh?! Tell Wayne I said - good try. U should hear my poor dad when I explain plumbing issues over the phone :)?

Jaime said...

Poor Wayne. It's kind of like The Cosby Show, where Claire calls someone to fix what Cliff "thought" he had fixed, or realized he couldn't fix. :)

Katie said...

Call Vance.....he has tons of spare time I'm sure. =) lol

Plumbing problems are lame.....especially when its cold outside and you'd like to shower or do dishes or.....man pioneers were amazing. We whine about plumbing.

Katie said...

Uh, we want the news...whatever it is...or I'm telling everyone you are pregnant...and I know sooooo many people that don't know you.