On the way home from my trip to Anchorage, I got to spend a few days in Fairbanks. The highlight of the trip was meeting my new niece, Kaiya. She is sooo darling. My dad and I were able to be there for her baby blessing, it was very special. Here she is in her cute blessing dress.

I love the look on her face in this one!

So precious...

The happy new family. Amanda looks AWESOME and is such a good mom. I'm so glad Kaiya is finally here! It's fun to see them all together.

Dad and his granddaughter. It's fun to see him in grandpa mode, he's very good at it.
Other perks to the weekend:
1) My wonderful grandpa made his famous steak for us, and my wonderful grandma surprised us with shrimp salad (my FAVORITE!)
2) I got a root beer float from A&W. So good.
3) I had an appointment with the midwife and she told me I wasn't gaining too much weight! I was so happy. :) Oh, and everything looks good, baby and I are both healthy.
4) I got to spend a lot of time with my dad, whom I love and adore. :)
The trip ended up being extended almost 2 days because Mt. Redoubt erupted and there was too much ash in the air to allow the planes to fly. My dad and I were both disappointed because we wanted to get home to Mom and Wayne, but at least we got stuck in Fairbanks together! We did some more shopping and got to spend another evening with Michael, Amanda, and Kaiya, and we both got an extra day off work. And we eventually made it home. All is well that ends well. Thanks for hanging out with me, Dad! I would have been very lonely without you.
1 comment:
What a beautiful little girl she is! I was bummed that schedules didn't work for me to see Amanda and Kaiya last week... soon, though!
Post a Comment