Yesterday was my sister's 29th birthday. (I hope she doesn't mind me sharing her age...she's not that old yet, so it shouldn't matter. :) I meant to post this yesterday, but alas, today it is. I just want everyone to know how much I LOVE JAIME!!! She is a wonderful sister and an amazing woman. She has so many talents and I admire her for many, many things. Just to name a few:
1) Jaime LOVES to cook for people and is VERY talented in this area. I never want her to feel used, but I do love how she volunteers to cook for us every time we get together. It's a great perk to having Jaime around. :)
2) Jaime is so good with people. She can talk to anyone about anything, and she is really good in front of a crowd. I wish I had her confidence in public speaking!
3) Jaime has a BEAUTIFUL voice. I wish we lived close so I could hear her sing every day. Some of my favorite memories growing up together were Sunday afternoons around the piano, singing and playing for HOURS. Jaime is a performer at heart and I hope she keeps doing it her whole life! She is too good not to. I'm still waiting for my CD, Jaime. :)
4) Jaime is the most organized and driven person you will probably ever meet. She does things like sorting her silverware into forks, spoons, and knives as she's loading the dishwasher so that it's easy to unload. She also plans her meals weeks in advance, then spends a few hours on Saturday cooking ten pounds of hamburger meat 4 or 5 different ways, dividing it into containers, and freezing it all prepared so she can quickly get dinner on the table for her family when she gets home from work. In addition to working full time, Jaime is almost done with her Bachelor's degree. She feels like she's procrastinated her homework if it isn't done 3 days in advance. I was happy to get mine done the day after it was due. She's amazing.
5) Jaime has a way of making people feel special. She can see the good in people, and she can always make you feel good about yourself. She always calls on special days, and she remembers the little things that are going on and asks about them.
6) Jaime laughs at all my jokes. I LOVE THIS ABOUT HER!!! She doesn't realize that I'm really not that funny, which endears her to me all the more. :)
However, Jaime has a tendency to avoid cameras like the plague...but I did find a few to post that remind me of some of the good times we've had together.
The beautiful Jaime as my bridesmaid...

Girls weekend 2007....Jaime convinced us to do a 5K cancer walk with her. We had sooo much fun! And we all cried, which makes for an even more memorable bonding experience. :)

The Elbert women enjoying FOOD together. That's what Elbert women do.
I have so much fun being with Jaime and I love her dearly!
Happy Birthday and I can't wait to see you in 6 weeks!
2 comments:
You made me cry! You are a wonderful sister, and I love you. Thank you for such kind words. :) And, I don't mind that you shared my age... it doesn't matter to me, yet... :)
You have such an awesome family and it's so neat that you guys are as close as you are. How exciting that will be for you guys to all be in Fairbanks this summer and to have all the babies together. That will make for some fun pictures. :)
Post a Comment